Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the POWER of Praise!


What is praise:

According to the Dictionary:

- Expression of approval, commendation, or admiration.
- The extolling or exaltation of a deity, ruler, or hero.
- To express warm approbation of, commendation for, or admiration for.
- To extol or exalt; worship.

In Hebrew the word praise means:

Halal (haw-lal'): To make a load clear sound of praise. The original Hebrew also carried the meaning of being clamorously foolish, to rave, or to celebrate. Thus to express worship in halal means unbridled, exuberant praise.

When you are going through a tough time one of your most powerfull weapons is to praise God, and the things that seemed big and impossible will feel very small and possible.

Habakkuk 3:17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.

Let's experience the power of praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPY HOUR!!! Every Hour @ The Ark!!

HAPPY HOUR!!! Every Hour @ The Ark!!
Come and join us for a fresh Cuppa!